TecnoFerrari presented a new way of digital glazing at TECNA 2022: ‘Doped glazing’
TecnoFerrari presented a new way of digital glazing at TECNA 2022: ‘Doped glazing’.
This is an innovative hybrid technique that allows digital inks to be used in combination with traditional glazes to give the tile certain properties in a precise, controllable and cost-effective manner. The basic concepts underpinning this solution are:
– Leaving the process, raw materials and layout of the current glazing line unchanged
– Positioning the new digital application at the point on the line that maximises the effect to be achieved
– Using the digital material with maximum yield in combination with the specific glaze used
By applying this technique, it is possible to enrich the tile with functional characteristics, also adding significant value to the final product, such as anti-slip, anti-reflection and abrasion hardness, or aesthetic characteristics such as transitions from matt to glossy, or even decorative characteristics such as digital veins or grit structures.
What really makes this possible today is the new DECORA L2 printer model, designed and developed to meet the specific requirements of the ‘Doped Glazing’ project:
– Extremely compact, only 1.7 metres wide, allowing it to be used easily at any point in the line
– High unloading performance, guaranteed by the two bars with L-head and flow rate of 4 l/min
– Ease of movement, between lines or within the same line in less than 30 minutes and with absolute positioning repeatability, with no need to switch off
– Maximum flexibility, for applications that allow it, using existing line transport eliminates downtime and installation time
– Very robust, able to work without a cab and in harsh environments
– Synchronisable, with several options available for interfacing with other in-line printers
Thanks to this technique, it is possible to enrich the tile with functional characteristics, adding significant value to the end product, such as anti-slip, anti-reflection and abrasion hardness, or aesthetic and decorative features such as transitions from matt to polished, digital veins or grit structures
The main advantages of the process innovation offered by TecnoFerrari are:
– Fast and easy to implement solution on any new or existing production line
– No impact on existing production, the enamels used remain
– Rationalisation of the production process and reduction of semi-finished products
– Reduced time for new product preparation, no downtime required
– Multiple properties with the same material depending on discharge
– Limited weight of digital material makes this solution cost-effective compared to digital enamelling
– The use of digital material and printer allows this solution to be used as a “process stabiliser” correcting any instability in firing cycles
TecnoFerrari’s experience in designing user-friendly machines and its collaboration with market-leading partner colour manufacturers are a guarantee that this solution will always deliver the best results in terms of performance and efficiency.